The Little House Society offers a variety of groups for clients in all stages of the recovery process.
This one day workshop is for family members, caregivers, or friends worried about someone's substance abuse. The workshop will introduce the following topics to participants:
- What is substance abuse? Addiction?
- Could my loved one be addicted?
- How do we set boundaries and not enable?
- How do we talk with the person with the problem?
- How do we address all the trauma?
- What is the role of self-regulation?
Heart of a family
$100/person (includes lunch and materials)
SMART stands for Self-Management and Recovery Training and it offers an on-going cognitive-behavioural therapy group for the management of addiction. Participants are taught about the process of addictive behaviours, triggers, urges, and alternatives to using drugs. SMART is a scientific alternative for people who are seeking independence from alcohol, drugs, gambling, and other addictive behaviours. For more information, grab one of our SMART Recovery brochures.
Every Wednesday from 6:00pm-7:20pm